Journey Groups are Bible-focused, small groups for women and men who have experienced an abusive relationship or circumstance in their past. Men and women meet separately, and each group is led by a trained facilitator.
Journey Groups focus on creating a safe, confidential environment where participants can share, explore and heal from disappointments, secrets and other wounds. Our desire is that group members will be cared for, listened to, connected, accepted and loved.
Nothing more traumatically breaks relationships and destroys identity than abuse, abandonment, and betrayal. If you are experiencing relational difficulties, emptiness, loneliness, confusion or pain related to abuse in your past, consider joining a Journey Group at Crossroads.
Learn more about Journey Groups.
The 2013 Schedule
Mondays, February 4-April 22
Meets at Crossroads Church
This group study is 12 weeks long and is repeated throughout the year. Meetings are held in a confidential location. Class fees are $40.
For more information or to register, contact Carl or Gina at 970.744.6516 x528 or [email protected]. These communications are confidential. Participants are encouraged to read The Wounded Heart, by Dr. Dan Allender, available in the Crossroads Bookstore.
In Journey Group, we believe…
- Everyone has a story.
- The body of Christ is intended to be a safe place for healing wounds.
- People will wrestle with God, doubts and faith issues.
- People need to grieve their losses.
- People are responsible for the damage they do, not the damage done to them.
- Everyone has dignity.
- Everyone struggles with depravity.
- People want to be called and entrusted with more.
- Transformation is a life long journey, best done in community with fellow travelers.